Frequently Asked Questions… For Those Seeking Windshield Repair or Windshield Replacement Services
Q: What is the difference between windshield repair and windshield replacement?
- Windshield replacement requires the removal of your windshield, while windshield repair does not. Windshield repair involves the injection of a resin into the damaged glass, then curing that resin with a special UV light to create a strong bond, keeping the glass from cracking out. When properly executed, the windshield repair process will restore the structural integrity of the glass and improve the cosmetic appearance of the damage by at least 80%.Windshield repair is not the solution to all types of windshield damage. Delta Kits, Inc. complies with the Repair of Laminated Auto Glass Standard (ROLAGS), which are the windshield repair industry’s best practices. ROLAGS provides a guideline as to when a windshield should be replaced, and when it should be repaired. For more information on ROLAGS, and when it’s recommended to have your windshield repaired vs. replaced, follow this link: http://www.nwrassn.org/documents/ROLAGS3-07.pdf As a general rule, it’s recommended that customers have their windshield replaced if a rock chip is more than 1.5 inches in diameter, and if cracks are more than 6 inches in length.
Q: How do I know if the company I select provides quality workmanship and service?
- Delta Kits certified windshield repair technicians have a Delta Kits Certification logo that appears next to their business name. Delta Kits certified technicians are trained to the ANSI/NGA R1.1-207, Repair of Laminated Automotive Glass Standard (ROLAGS), and have completed the Delta Kits certification course that includes hands-on windshield repair experience, a practical assessment, and a written examination. While not a guarantee that the technician will perform quality workmanship, a Delta Kits certification does ensure that the technician has received proper training, using quality equipment like this windshield repair system from Amazon.com, and has demonstrated the ability to perform quality workmanship. In addition, auto glass repair technicians are encouraged to list experience, training, and other relevant certifications in their profiles.Be sure to review the business profiles for technicians to see if there’s been any feedback left for them. Their former customers have the opportunity to leave written feedback and rate that business so you can see what kinds of experiences other customers had. Delta Kits, Inc. does not offer certification courses for auto glass replacement. However, auto glass replacement companies are encouraged to list their experience, training, and certifications.
Q: How do I provide a review of my experience with a company listed on windshieldreferral.com?
- The technician who performed your windshield service will email you a quick survey, providing you with the opportunity to leave feedback based on the service. All you have to do is follow the instructions in the email.If you are unable to reach a business listed on this site, or if you believe something in their business listing is not accurate, you can report that business by visiting their profile and clicking: “Report a Problem with this Business Listing”.
Q: Is it important to report my experience with the company I chose to do my windshield repair and/or replacement work?
- Absolutely. Your rating and feedback will help other customers find companies that provide quality workmanship and customer service. If a company gets too many poor ratings, their listing may be removed from windshieldreferral.com.
Q: Is the windshieldreferral.com service really free?
- Yes. Customers can research different windshield specialists and contact them at no charge.
Q: Do I have to register to use windshieldreferral.com?
- No. Customers do not have to register to find a windshield specialist. Just type in your zip code, or search by state, and then choose a company to repair or replace your windshield.Windshield specialists do have to register in order to list their business on the website. To register your windshield repair / replacement business, select the Login/Register tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions.
Q: Does anyone get a commission depending on the company I choose to repair or replace my windshield?
- No. There are no commissions and no steering. You can choose the company you believe is best suited for the job, and just call or email them for an appointment.
Q: Will I be asked for personal information?
- It is not necessary to provide personal information to use windshieldreferral.com. However, you will be asked to provide the technician who provides your service with a valid e-mail address so you can rate that company and the service. This information is retained only by windshieldreferral.com, solely for the purpose of verifying legitimate ratings and will not be sold or redistributed.
Q: What if the zip code search does not provide any results?
- You can also search by state to find listings in nearby cities.